Friday, October 11, 2013

"Insanity..............."

I awoke yesterday morning, lying there in comatose state, the chorus of an old song heard on “Dancing with the Stars” while passing through on my way to the computer now running through my brain. “They call me Cuban Pete, I’m the king of the rhumba beat. Just hear me go chic-chica-boom, chic-chica-boom, chic-chica-boom”. Weird to me, not just what the mind entertains at times, but also what our spirit creates and accepts for truth. Two women are assigned to monitor the kids’ during lunch at school, mostly a matter of keeping the noise down to a reasonable level and eradicating any food fights, a job not without a fair amount of stress attached to it. Jokingly, I asked one of them yesterday what she would do if, upon being granted entrance through the Pearly Gates, St. Pete assigned her to working the noon meal period in Heaven’s Elementary school and her laughter sparked conversation with others as to what it would really be like when they get there. A couple of them mentioned a Bible verse; but, when queried, were unable to give any further explanation as to what the words expressed. Finality, of course, remains a state yet to bed discovered, the immediate future not all that clear to us either, and the past a lesson all too soon quickly forgotten. Still, it does seem to me that, with the opposite side of eternity being a possibility as well, it might behoove us to investigate the subject to the best of our ability, not just merely continue down the course humming whatever tune is stuck in our head…..

No comments:

Post a Comment