Wednesday, June 4, 2014

"Re-entry....."

”For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three are one.”…1st John 5:7-8

School ended this past Friday for me, the last two days where rooms are packaged into something a bit easier for the custodial staff to clean and final paperwork is handled through a cafeteria assembly removed from my schedule. Retirement, for the third time in my life and no doubt the last time in my life, finds me waking up each morning in a bit of a fog as to there being no reason to be getting out of bed. I do. I do arise, quite early, in fact. With a need to lose about ten pounds, my habit has been, once more, seven laps around the soccer field at the nearby park, a “pinch” over three miles, my orbits made just as the sun rises over the hills to the east. On this occasion, some rain last night left a thin layer of mud washed over the path in spots, the sky yet overcast, but with promise of it possibly clearing later. If I can get there before others, the event becomes more than my “prayer closet”, worship spilling out of me, in song, in tongues, one with nature, one with Him, and no better way to step into whatever lies down the road. Wisdom reduces all that, somewhat, as company appears. My mind, however, remains focused, thoughts drifting, but “returning to the ark” again and again, mental conversation a matter of speaking to God one minute only to catch myself “spiritually” pondering something else a second later. Today, of the back stretch of the fifth or sixth cycle, looking down I saw this tiny, bronze insect that resembled a scorpion in that its front end was broader than its rear end. About a hundred hairy legs and the way its hinder part zigzagged as it fled to escape denied such identification; but the encounter gave me question. With no brain, was it just instinct that drove this little fellow to panic? After all, it knew no ability to reason, no recognition of predators or the truth that my big shoe might well eliminate him if he didn’t move. Insignificant as he was, his schematics were “programmed”, connected to a Creator who knows when the sparrow falls, me from my mother’s womb. The above verses have long been a mystery to me, all attempts to position the two triangles, angle to angle, to “co-relate” top-and-bottom identities without success. If the sides, rather than the angles, are labeled, however, and the Holy Ghost is aligned with the spirit, what ones has is a “balance bar” between the two realms, assistance for this “tightrope” walk assigned us. One step; then the next. The future awaits……

2 comments: