Friday, September 5, 2014

"Reality....................."

"Whatever way you put it, I am here only because my world is here. When I took my first breath, my world was born with me. When I die, my world dies with me. In other words, I wasn't born into a world that was already here before me, nor do I live simply as one individual among millions of other individuals, nor do I leave everything behind to live on after me. People live thinking of themselves as members of a group or society. However, this isn't really true. Actually, I bring my own world into existence, live it out, and take it with me when I die." - Kosho Uchiyama

A visit to “Whiskey River” yesterday discovered the above quote, the thoughts expressed within it, coincidently, being what has entertained my mind the past few days. This author has confused world” with “life”, in my opinion, one’s departure from all that exists in no way eliminating all else. One’s perception of “the whole enchilada”, of course, might well be singular and subject to being lost if not written down in some manner; and maybe that’s really why some of us are drawn to scribble our identity, our reasoning and our fantasies, down on paper in some form or fashion. In truth, however, each of us possess no more than what our soul and our spirit have determined it to be and none of us have captured the whole as it really is. While I have never agreed with Rene Descartes, the man who once said “I think; therefore I am”, at least in the translation of it that all of society has assigned such phrase, yet there is, within it, a certain “ring of reality” wherein it can be said that each of us hold our own particular image of this journey and walk within it as we see it. Having eyes, vision is only as we determine it; having ears, hearing requires revelation to first penetrate our brains, not just pass through our ears,this why Jesus told Nicodemus that, before a man could “understand” and “enter into” the kingdom of God, he must be “born-again”. Without a reconnection, an internal “hook-up” whereby the Holy Spirit becomes available unto us, there is no direction, no purpose, just a stumble down a path that we, ourselves, determine, a zig-zag that stays with us even after rebirth in as much as we choose our will to His. The anchor-line is there to tug at our hearts. Stagger is a matter of learning that we can trust His reins to correct us as we go……

2 comments:

  1. I have been pondering why I write, in my blog, in my journal. Also pondering my traveling path...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love to read your "ponderings", Annie. Different journeys, but kindred minds and spirits, I guess, enjoying a connection in Him.

      Delete