Sunday, June 2, 2013

"Declaration................."

This space has always been mostly about a place to sort out my thoughts, a relaxation equivalent to that found through fishing or hunting, the difference being nothing gets killed, no dead carcass to deal with in any manner whatsoever. There’s no kidding myself about being a writer, though, it being fairly obvious that the only subject usually on my mind is Christianity, the Gospel as it filters through my perspective, over four decades of sharing it with others shaped by my journey within the Pentecostal experience. From the beginning, “truth” was never a matter of doctrinal dogma set in concrete, but a continual walk through the fog secured by an inner anchor-line. For me, this has always been an investigation, of me more so than of Him, an occupation, strangely enough, not always welcomed by many within the Church. Questions seem to scare believers, at times even anger them, their religion already framed and put to rest. Who needs explanations? It seems to me, however, that life is in the details as well as in the living, lessons learned as we go and longevity often requiring another look at the manual to determine if we’ve read it correctly. I’m not so much a teacher, in the sense of possessing all the answers, just another pilgrim on the path, and what comes forth here is merely my perspective at the time, up for examination, open for discussion. If theology is no more than an evolving analogy of an enigma, then it is also true that humanity, itself, is the biggest piece of the puzzle. God gives us direct contact, Christ in me, and we somehow manage to turn that into enough denominational dogma to confuse the issue. The instruction manual merely allows each factor to build its own Tower of Babel, some “pre-tongues” and some “post-tongues”, all of whom individually either claim to be the truth, or else the next closest thing to it. Sorry; but my only wish is to point whomsoever to the promise of our knowing an inner personal relationship with the reality of His resurrection; and, from there, it becomes a walk shared between you and the Holy Ghost. Discussion, not demands, is where this old man sits. Drop by any time……

2 comments:

  1. I really have nothing to add, just wanted to let you know I stopped by and I am touched by this series of blog posts. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always good to have this connection with friends, Annie, the reciprocal visit on your end never failing to speak to me....

    ReplyDelete