Wednesday, June 19, 2013

"Ennui Buster.............

My three month-old Dell computer has suffered some sort of malfunction, one in which I am still connected to the Internet, but maintaining a relationship with it is a continual “on-again, off-again” affair. Getting into my blog is no problem. Trying to hop from there and check my e-mail usually meets rejection. It could well be Windows Eight that needs tweeking, but investigation will have to wait. My programmer buddy is vacationing in Florida… Yesterday, after an overcast sprinkly morning, the afternoon became a sun-baked oven wherein I created a new circular flowerbed in the back yard. Thirty feet away, the severed carcass of a huge dead tree lays scattered in the grass waiting for my young next-door neighbor to gather for firewood this winter. He seems in no hurry. An evening rainfall would bless the fruit of my labor while hindering the possibility of any serious effort on his part… Tonight we visit the men at the rescue mission again, as of yet there being no clear direction in what I intend to share with them. Life, it seems to me, is in the living, the details getting worked out as you go. Meaning and purpose often get lost in the journey, each day its own puzzle to solve. Even “in” Christ, it’s easy to find yourself with nothing more than a theology, a fellowship, and a religious robe you wear to support the illusion. Thus the great need to return to the well, to know His reality as a tangible source of re-affirmation. Faith rests on what it has been fed, renews itself through another dip in the pool, and learns from an anchor-line connection that secures us in the next step. In a world that so often seems pointless, He remains a promise unbroken……

No comments:

Post a Comment