Thursday, June 9, 2011

"Genesis...................."

After blogging for over ten years, I feel like I've come to a stalemate. There is that within me which enjoys putting thought into print; but, at the same time, a bit of desire to find conversation over what is being examined. Few there be, it seems, who see truth as "divinity afoot", an unconquerable quest worthy of pursuit. Someone once said “From cowardice that shrinks from new truth, from laziness that is content with half truth, from arrogance that thinks it knows all truth, O God of Truth, deliver us all”; and it is within the boundaries of such plea I have been staggering down the path since March 27th, 1972. The Bible remains sacred to me only in a belief that “He who is infallible” speaks to me out of its content, leaving me with my humanity, Christ “in” me, and the next step to learn as I go. The Church, in as much as it has come to me, remains a vital part of my experience, but the relationship has greatly evolved. That said, I launch this site with hesitancy, not sure where we go from here…..

No comments:

Post a Comment