Sunday, September 8, 2013

"Insanity...................."

Discussing politics is not where I usually go with my thoughts, although my wife lives with Fox News almost always invited into our living room. Bill O’Reilly, Hannity, and The Five are like family. Usually a book and the recliner have my attention. If it turns into Jerry Springer, though, my computer is on the other end of the house waiting to rescue me from heated debate about the present state of this nation. It’s not that I don’t care, more like I want intelligence, not argument between a lawyer, some celebrity, and a party-minded politician. It seems to be where cable has taken us, however, National Enquirer on every channel, choose your personal slant on things and one or the other will provide it. Even sadder: the subject that feeds this mess, our government, as it exists today, is void of much that originally provided balance. One wonders if the foundation will hold. A man could point his finger in any direction and declare delirium, of course, his target but depending on personal opinion, his voice just another loud noise coming forth out of the mass; so I speak here only because occasionally the stupidity just overwhelms me. Surely the situation in Syria has our attention. What humanity does to humanity gives question as to how much higher than other animals do we really think ourselves to be. Any intercession on our part, nonetheless, will achieve nothing to remedy the chaos, the Muslim mindset in that part of the world strongly locked in its own agenda. Then, again, when I hear Secretary of State, John Kerry, tell Congress that we’re not “going to war”, we’re merely “dropping a few well-placed bombs” on appointed sites, it makes me wonder how much of the brain our own elected officials utilize. Would we, I ask myself, view it from the same perspective if some foreign body pin-pointed two or three selected sites here for destruction? Who puts these people into office? The only thing that gives me peace is an inner sense that nothing is beyond His ability to control. My wife just walked through and I asked her if she had any idea for a good sentence to finish this. She suggested “This is the end”; and, actually, it could be as close to the truth as it gets……

No comments:

Post a Comment