Monday, February 6, 2012

"Unity......................................"

Sunday, in passing, did nothing to relieve my thoughts in so far as where I found them after leaving the movie theater on Saturday. In truth, morning service came and went, my personal participation in it limited to one song whose lyrics took me into a worship that stayed with me through the serving of Communion afterwards. From there, though, the offering recital wherein the congregation expresses, en masse, their belief in a number of ways that God is will reward them for their tithes left me not too tuned into the pastor’s sermon; and when he, near the end, announced he would be once again preaching that evening on his vision for the church, a decision was reached concerning my attendance at that one. My mind does not condemn. It just does not entertain any desire to share the complete package being brought forth from the pulpit concerning the course before us. As noted here frequently: “people are people; and I are one”. It happens; and it doesn’t mean I have to go to war. We are back here because of my daughters; and there is no denying that the Holy Ghost often meets us here in a great way. That, however, to the best of my understanding in as much as the past four decades have taught it to me, doesn’t eradicate humanity as it is after the anointing settles and we all once again Know Him from “this side of the veil”. Judgment will one day come to us all and what will count is not who was right, who was wrong, but my relationship with Him, my obedience to His “tug on the anchor-line”. The sanctuary, after all, doesn’t demand we agree in all things, only in our acceptance of that latter in our life……

No comments:

Post a Comment