Friday, March 2, 2012

"Dimensional............................"

Some sort of viral bug has plagued me the last few days, a day off from school and a visit to Veterans supplying me with some Amoxicillin to fight it; but it does seem to be reduced to a few sniffles at night before bed, under control otherwise. An option to forget the NyQuil before crawling under the covers, however, gave birth to one of those “asleep but not asleep” journeys and an early return to the living room recliner this morning, my thoughts on just who and what we are in our humanity. A man comes into this life helpless, no control over bodily functions, no ability to do much of anything other than scream for attention, needing help if he is going to survive. If nothing takes him out along the way, there’s a good chance that, in his finality, once again he finds himself in the same situation. The only difference, as I see it, is that on the inside of that which has held him all those years exists a seasoned individual about to be set free from flesh… I read an article some time ago wherein scientists claimed that any sense of our being a spirit and soul persona capable of yet knowing another functional state after death was no more than an illusion produced by our own brain. Having once experienced being momentarily “out” of my body, though, this old man begs to argue their ignorance. Temporary as it was, the event gave no opportunity to examine myself in a mirror, but hovering over and looking down at my frame laying flat on its back in bed with a river of praise flowing from my lips, I well realized the separation, the truth of that which my Bible teaches. My “mind” no longer felt contained, as if held in the grip of something in my head. I could reason without the “mechanics”. There was, and yet is, a step beyond this mystery within which we now walk. Christ called it “eternity” and said that it begins with knowing both Him and His Father……

No comments:

Post a Comment