Monday, March 26, 2012

"Happenings................................."

The two youngest grandkids and their dog stayed with us overnight, mom and dad journeying to Winchester to be with his family while his father had surgery on his neck. That meant Beth had to arise early in order to get the “youngins” to school and me being left alone here at the house with a few minutes to myself. Indeed, it seemed like a good time to pray. Kneeling down by the loveseat in the family room, I was just beginning to cross over into “the flow” when Tubby (the mutt whom I had already tried to coax out the front door twice earlier) now began to bark as if to inform me that his need was urgent; so I arose and let him out, turned and knelt this time before the recliner there by the fireplace, and was once more about to “connect” when the sound of his pawing let me know he was ready to come back in. My third attempt was more successful; but, somewhere in the middle of it, my cell phone brought me my wife’s request to meet her at Bob’s for breakfast. End of story. Such is life….. This evening McKenna came to me with a request to drive her out to our church for play practice. Thinking that she would be there no more than about an hour, I took a book with me to read. The day had been long; my mind was yet a bit numb; and it’s easier to just occupy one’s thoughts at such times: being “spiritual” seems too hard to attempt. Not even two or three pages into my perusal, however, a young father of three came through the front entrance with his young son in his arms and, making conversation, asked what I was reading. My admission to it being a secular novel was close to an apology. He responded, though, with no condemnation and for a few moments it was like the two of us stepped into His presence as we discussed the reality of the Holy Ghost, the Gospel as it proves itself out in our walk, His grace alive and leading us as we go. It doesn’t get any better. In fact, such is “life”!......

No comments:

Post a Comment