Monday, April 23, 2012

"Bible Thumping............"

“In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him”…Ephesians 2:12

Saturday evening I found myself in conversation with a young father of three, two of his daughters and my granddaughter about to appear in their school’s yearly theatrical production, this particular one a stretch on “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory”. All three of the girls would handle their assigned roles superbly. Each had no problems with stage fright. None over-played their part. In a way, their involvement illustrated something I was trying to establish with Micah before the show, he expressing a need for boldness in taking the Gospel unto others, my own view being that our audacity in such area requires His hands on our anchor-line, His wisdom, for that matter, in the whole affair. It is, I think, one of the biggest mistakes that we, as believers, make. Our witness must be a flow of His inner presence, not just an opinion that we hold on the subject we attempt to approach, our solution to the situation we are trying to solve. Christ isn’t about cloning converts, but about reaching people where they are. He, Himself, is the message. He, alone, is our salvation. Either He is alive and we are dead, buried, and resurrected in Him, or all we really possess is just another religious agenda, one we may, indeed, be passionate about, but one void of that which has already proven itself victorious over death.

3 comments:

  1. "Our witness must be a flow of His inner presence, not just an opinion that we hold on the subject we attempt to approach, our solution to the situation we are trying to solve. Christ isn’t about cloning converts, but about reaching people where they are."

    The older I get, the more I believe this to be true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm almost like I was before I fell. Did have major rib damage which doesnt get any help anyway, plus more major bruising but God made our bodies to flourish unless He has other plans so I just ask Jesus to make me 'consist'(or held together in some translations) in Him like in Colossians. This gettin old aint for sissies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie: The older I get, I don't know that I get any wiser. but the experience along the way sure teaches one a few lessons...

    Kdip: Good to hear you are "consisting" and I know of no better place to do it than "in Him". Veterans is keeping me informed, but my trust remains in that which has proven itself unto me for all these years.....

    ReplyDelete