Sunday, April 1, 2012

"Beer-Lahai-Roi............"

April Fool.  I'm not sure who started such nonsense, but yesterday began Spring Break for our neck of the neighborhood and, with the thirteenth of this month marking our forty-eighth anniversary, Beth and I have escaped to a "desert island" for a few days of celebration. This is being written early in the a.m., me seated in the large foyer of the Hampton Inn, a hot breakfast being served in the dinnete area and MSNBC amusing me on the television across the room. Back home, Fox News is usually my only source of political input; and watching "the rest of the story" merely affirms my opinion that man is a complicated animal, full of vanity but confused for the most part and in need of some greater means of navigation other than his own ability to reason. We gather with those with whom we agree. We make war with those with whom we don't. Peace, for most of us, is "having it my way". In perusing the Book of Exodus this morning, I read where God told Moses that the tabernacle would be sancitifed by His glory. Surely, one day we'll learn: Walking by our own understanding will always be a stumble down the road. The only "reality" is an inner connection with the One who created it all in the first place; and if that, for the moment, only equates to a temporary oasis where we can know Him in all that He is, then let me walk with enough sense to know He, alone, is truth, with enough thirst such union to follow His tug on the anchor-line......      

No comments:

Post a Comment