Sunday, April 29, 2012

"Sabbath Treats................................"

After trying a new location for Chinese Sunday buffet, Beth and I settled down, she on the couch and I in my recliner, to watch “War Horse”. One might think the video choice to be mine on this particular occasion, the title indicating a strong chance of it not being a “chick flick”. In truth, it was her wish, me thinking it just another animal story. In truth, it was. No way around it, though; the tale was well told, a bit of a heart gripper and well worth the investment. For that matter, the description just given could also apply to our visit earlier to the Youth Detention Center. There were three of us who shared, the two women who completed today’s crew not all that bold about addressing a group and simply sitting with about ten girls in the rear of the room. My son-in-law was away on a much needed mini-vacation with his family. Music, therefore, was reduced to big Bob singing a hymn a cappella and me doing my best with an updated version of “Just As I Am”. If it all started off a little slow, along the way it became more and more evident that the Holy Ghost was working in our midst, tying together a common theme of Christ “alive” in me from beginning to end, reaching the kids as only He can. After we concluded the service, Jackie and Deb were invited by the guards into a separate unit off to one side where they spent twenty minutes praying with those young ladies. If the afternoon movie warmed my heart, the morning “dip in the pool” still feels good to my soul……

No comments:

Post a Comment