Thursday, April 5, 2012

"Truth......................................."

I abandoned this post halfway-through yesterday, but then received comment from a friend concerning her own experience with that "inner tug on the anchor-line" of which I often write. In spite of my believing that all who profess His name need to grow in an ability to define their faith, it is that which is "un-explainable", the ways He proves Himself real in our life that, in my opinion, "seals the deal". Everything else is no more than our perception of His existence, the journey as we have encountered it thus far; and all too often that lacks a resurrected Reality who adjusts our thinking as we go. Stepping into "old-time holiness" in March of '72, I found myself in the middle of what most today refer to as "legalism", a list of "thou-shalt-nots" intended to isolate one from "the world" and, at the same time bring you into a state of "sanctification". It didn't take me long to recognize the error in much of their doctrine. People remain people, even in Christ. God, however, also remains God; and regardless of how much humanity manages to distort all else, grace remains grace, its fact not a matter of our giving it life, but indeed the other way around... I sat with my pastor friend this week and watched a video of his father, dying of cancer and in a coma near the end, yet consistently entering into a state of praying in tongues. My mother-in-law, a few decades back, passed in much the same way. This man, however, was visited at one point by a young girl, a teenager who knew and worshipped him, now backslidden, wounded by the church. She stood there beside his bed in tears, then broke as the old man began to witness to her of her need of Him, his condition changed for those few moments and his vessel utilized by the Holy Ghost within...

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful to watch, Annie; and when my own time comes, hopefully the way I go....

    ReplyDelete